Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week Ending August 5- Tapering

After the Harding ride there was just a couple of weeks until the race, so it was time to taper.  Because I felt like I was behind and still trying to catch up, this meant keeping the frequency, but dropping the intensity and duration.

We did a pretty easy ride at Del Cerro on Tuesday, then a moderate PV road ride on Thursday.  For the weekend ride, Israel, Matt and I headed to Santa Monica and climbed Westridge, rode over and did the Eagle Rock loop, then came back and descended Sullivan Canyon.  The side singletrack sections in the canyon were really fun!  Was still a descent ride, but nothing too long or hard.

After the ride, I felt like I had done all I could to get ready for the race.  I had the setback in May, but gradually ramped up the volume until I felt like at least I had my base back.  Didn't think my high end was where I wanted, but with my goal to simply make sure I get the belt buckle and finish in sub 12 hours, I felt like I was in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment